Mission of the Immigration Action Team:
Make Howard County a safe and supportive environment for immigrants
1. Raise public awareness of immigrants’ rights and concerns
2. Support progressive and immigrant-friendly legislation
3. Network with local elected officials
4. Build networks and collaborate with other groups in Howard County and Maryland
5. Educate ourselves
- Demonstrations to end ICE contract with Howard County for use of detention center.
- Support for CB-51, legislation that would end this contract.
- Supported CB-9 and Maryland Trust Act legislation.
- Advocated for ICE-restricted policies with police and local school board.
- Created presentation to educate community groups on immigration issues.
- Alliances with community groups: Howard County Coalition for Immigrant Justice, CASA of Maryland, and HoCo for Justice.