Environmental Action Team
The Environmental Action Team serves as community organizers and force multipliers to strengthen the impact of other environmental advocacy and action groups. The team organizes fellow Howard County residents, holds town halls, and sends out action items pertaining to environmental regulations. They aim to bridge the gap between organizations who are doing the work every day for a safer environment and Howard County citizens.
The team hopes to inform and empower citizens so they might engage actively in marches, hearings, and outreach on behalf of environmental protection.
1. The rule will substantially increase vehicle greenhouse gas emissions.
2. The rule will also increase upstream greenhouse gas emissions.
3. The safety benefits of the rule may have been overestimated.
4. The costs of the rule may have been underestimated.
5. In calculating the net benefits of the rule, EPA and DOT have undervalued climate impacts.
If you wish to contact or join the Environmental Action Team, please fill out the form below.