Find out when to show up in Annapolis
The Maryland Legislative Coalition has a calendar of upcoming Lobby Nights for various progressive issues
news worth sharing
Over one hundred people attended IndivisibleHoCoMD's October 6 general meeting "Charting The Path Forward" with keynote speaker Ezra Levin, co-founder of the national Indivisible.
Latest from action teams
To build a fairer, more compassionate democracy and fight the racism, xenophobia, authoritarianism, and corruption pushed by the current administration and its allies.
Who We Are
- Indivisible is a national grassroots organization that started after the 2016 election to defend our democracy against the racism, xenophobia, and corruption of the Trump administration and its allies.
- We do advocacy, public education, and voter mobilization for elections
- Most importantly, Indivisible Howard County engages and empowers ordinary people to drive extraordinary change at a local and national level.
What We Do
- We do this through Action Teams – members pick an issue they care about like climate change or education and work with others to figure out what we here in Howard County can do to have an impact.
- Then we send that action to all 550 members. As individuals, we don’t have time to do all the research on everything we care about, and members of Congress don’t care about what one person says. But when more than 500 people get on the phone at the right time or door knock for a candidate, it changes the balance.
Why You Should Join
- This is a time in our nation’s history when we all need to stand up and be counted. We can help you make a difference.
- If you only have a little time, you can be a general member and get once a week emails with a list of actions developed by the other action teams. They usually only take a few minutes, but you can know you are having a real impact.
- If you have more time, you can join one of the 9 Action Teams which meet every couple of weeks and come up with actions everyone else can join.
- Join us and help build a fairer and more compassionate democracy here in Howard County and for America.