Energy and Transportation Team Goals for 2019
- The early focus will be on the Maryland legislature, specifically supporting the Clean Energy Jobs Act of 2019 to increase renewable energy usage in the state to 50% by 2030. We will also support other related legislation to address slowing the building of new fossil fuel infrastructure, transitioning to an electrified transportation system, and jobs for economically disadvantaged areas.
- Work with the Howard County Council to advance the goals as laid out in the Transition Team Environmental Report
- Continue to elevate citizen actions that will prevent the current administration from gutting the original intent of the EPA, DOE and Dept of Interior as relates to climate change
- Track national climate change legislation such as Green New Deal and EV tax credit extension and advise IndivisibleHoCoMD members on effective actions
- Support pro-environmental candidates in special elections, and in neighboring state legislatures (VA/NJ)
- Direct action such as marches and demonstrations
- Quarterly education events as we have bandwidth