Help Flip Seats Now!
Build the Blue Wave!
Even though Trump is not on the ballot, he really is. This November we will either make this a wave election that washes away the Trump enablers and protectors, and puts people in place at the national level who will say NO to his corruption, misogyny, and racism – or his power will continue to grow, unchecked. What can you do?
FLIP SEATS IN NEIGHBORING STATES!
Volunteers from Maryland played an important part in flipping 17 state seats in Virginia last fall. Republicans may have more money, but we have the people.
1) canvass (doorknocking), 2) postcards, 3) phonecalls, 4) donate.
Canvassing in person is the most effective, so please try to find time. You can ask to be paired with an experienced canvasser if you’ve never done it before. If that is simply not an option, handwritten postcards are another way to reach registered Democrats to raise awareness and remind them to vote. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to help. Phone banking is another option, and now you can do it from home whenever you have time. And you can donate through campaign websites – every dollar helps!
- Pennsylvania 10 (PA-10)
George Scott is neck and neck with the Republican incumbent, and many voters still haven’t heard his name and his story – this means door knocking is super effective! Check out his website (https://georgescott4congress.com/) – he’s a retired military man and ordained pastor who strongly supports expanding the ACA to include a Medicare option, unions, and gun safety. PA-10 is just across the border from Maryland and there are lots of well-run canvassing option:
- IndivisibleHoCoMD will be carpooling from 5560 Sterrett Place, Columbia, MD 21044 at 8 am every Saturday and will return at 2 pm or 4 pm, depending on who shows up and what time they have to commit. Email Rich (email@example.com ) with questions or to sign up.
- The George Scott campaign holds canvasses every Saturday at 9am, 12pm, and 3 pm and Sunday 3pm out of the York office (1595 N Queen St, York, PA 17404 – about a 70 minute drive). Just show up and they will train you and find you a canvass partner if you need one. Contact Allison Zito Allison.firstname.lastname@example.org (717) 818-9782 with questions.
- Virginia (VA-10)
Virginia’s 10th Congressional District is only an hour’s drive from Howard County, and is one of the top 10 House races to watch in 2018, according to Politico. Incumbent Rep. Barbara Comstock (R) will face state Sen. Jennifer Wexton (D) in the general election for Virginia’s 10th Congressional District—a swing district that simultaneously backed Hillary Clinton (D) by 10 points in the 2016 presidential election and re-elected Comstock. SwingLeft has canvassing and phonebanking EVERY WEEKEND! Check out their calendar and sign up to flip this seat!
- Other National Races
- SwingLeft Phonebanking
SwingLeft will be doing virtual phonebanking up to November 6 for key races. Click here to see what races need help and get signed up.
- Flippable phonebanking and texting
Flippable has phonebanking and texting to voters in key races. Click here to get involved.
- Vote With Me app.
- Letter writing with VoteForward
You can sign up to write letters to voters in key races with VoteForward. Click here for more information.
PostcardsToVoters is writing postcards to voters in key races and will continue after the election. Click here to sign up.
- Donate and reach out to friends and family in other states.
Here is a list of the top 15 Senate races (closest races as of 10/14/18 in bold) – if you have friends or family in any of these states, make sure they are doing everything they can to win these races!
Website for Online Donations
Bonus: Texas Indivisible created a music video for O’Rourke – check it out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7U0sgvg54cw