What You Can Do To Help with General Election
Many of the campaigns are in need of help. If you have the time and resources here are three suggestions to get you started:
- A spreadsheet of Offices and Candidates was created to aid members in selecting campaigns to help for the midterms.
- Our RedtoBlue and Voting Rights Action Teams have created a list of ways you can help campaigns.
- How to help with voter registration and get-out-the-vote efforts
A Practical Guide for Winning Elections
Tools for Voters
The League of Women Voters has a website that allows you to register to vote, check if you are already registered, find your polling place, identify what district you are in, and find candidate listings by office with descriptions of their positions. Check this out at: www.vote411.org
Electing Democrats this November
It starts locally, and we need your help!
- Door-to-door canvassing and phone banking to identify Democratic voters
- Inviting neighbors, volunteers, elected officials & local candidates to house parties
- Phone calling and canvassing to Get-out-the-Vote (GOTV) around Election Day
- Delivering newsletters and flyers door-to-door throughout your precinct
- Greet and hand out sample ballots on Election Day as voters arrive at the polls
Primary Election Results
Thanks to all Indivisible members for your hard work over the past months on voter turnout and individual campaigns. We don’t have final numbers, but it looks like both Democratic registrations and turnout are significantly up for the 2018 primary compared to 4 years ago. You are building a blue wave!
We are also happy to report that all 16 of the members of the HoCoForward slate of candidates won election to the Howard County Democrat Central Committee. This includes our own Action Team Facilitators, Jennifer Jones and Tim Lattimer. Congratulations to Jen, Tim and the HoCoForward slate. We look forward to working with you to increase progressive engagement and turnout in Howard County.
See the Primary Election results for all Howard County positions here: https://results.elections.maryland.gov/elections/2018/results/Primary/gen_results_2018_1_by_county_140.html
See the Primary Election results for all State-level positions here: https://results.elections.maryland.gov/elections/2018/results/Primary/gen_results_2018_1_by_county_14-1.html
See a comparison on Howard County Primary turn-out statistics by party for 2014 – 2018 here