Win of the Week:
Fairfax County Virginia is ground zero in the fight against racism and hate. The invisible line that was drawn there in the wake of nearby Charlottesville was crossed tonight and in not only the Democrats favor but in favor of upstanding and right thinking people everywhere. The polls closed a little over two hours ago on the east coast and Karen Keys-Gamarra, an “arrogant” black woman has officially wiped the floor with her Republican-KKK-endorsed opponent Chris Grisafe, in a race for a school board seat which is about so much more than just a school board seat. Read the full article here.
Upcoming events and meetings:
- Applications for the Emerge 2018 are now open www.emergemaryland.org
- Sept. 5 – Ellicott City & Western Howard Democratic Club meeting at Glory Days in Ellicott City (10035 Baltimore National Pike A, Ellicott City, MD 21042). Social time will begin at 7 PM with the official meeting starting at 7:30 PM. Our special guests will be Mary Kay Sigaty, Howard County Council Member and China Williams, Candidate for County Council in District 5. The topic of discussion will be CB-60, more commonly known as the mulching bill.
- Sept. 9 and 10 – Canvassing for David Reid: a reporter from the New York Times is writing an article about David’s grass-roots campaign and a show of support is extra important this weekend. Sign up at: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P0QuKOKJWvYjmCrKUpTZO6 YzHOdWR26VxBDPB8M12Vg/edit#gid=0
- Sept. 16 & 17 – Canvassing for Danica Roem; sign up at:
• Sept. 26 – National Voter Registration day. Indivisible will have a table at HCC from 12:00 – 2:00. Sign up sheet soon.
Red to Blue Resources:
- http://twwusa.org Together We Will
- http://www.emergemaryland.org “Emerge Maryland is the premier
training program for Democratic women. We inspire women to run, we hone their skills to win. Our goal is clear: to increase the number of Democratic women in public office.” They have several upcoming events on their site.
- Do The Most Good, has an excellent resource list
- The Progressive Turn Out Project Misc. articles of interest:
- From the Daily Kos: Want to know why winning Virginia is so important? Look at what NC’s gerrymandered districts look like.
- Also from the Daily Kos: Will Diane Feinstein’s ludicrous Trump remark cost her her job?
Podcasts for political junkies:
• http://www.wnyc.org/shows/anxiety – new episode each week