Help Flip Seats Now!
Special Elections – help flip seats now!
We are all working to build towards a blue wave election in November. But did you know that there are opportunities to pick up seats in special elections before then?
WHY GET INVOLVED IN SPECIAL ELECTIONS?
- Turnout is usually very low, so even a little effort can have a big impact.
- Each win builds momentum (think Alabama and Pennsylvania).
- Each win now is one less fight in November.
- The Koch brothers and the RNC are pouring huge amounts of money into these races, so if we don’t help, these candidates could be swamped with outside money.
WHAT CAN WE DO FROM MARYLAND?
- Donate. Even $5 adds up, especially if you forward the information to your networks
- Postcards. Check out Events to find out when the next Tea and Postcards party is or sign up with PostcardsToVoters to write postcards on your own.
- Phone banking. Check out Events to see if any are scheduled. If you sign up with a specific campaign, they may hold virtual phonebanking that you can do from home.
- Canvassing (if the race isn’t too far away or if you want a vacation).
Past campaigns we have supported that won:
March 13, Conor Lamb, PA-18
April 24, Shelley Mayer, NY State Senate
May 1, Javier Fernandez, Florida House District 114
May 15, Helen Tai, PA House District 178 (won by 96 votes, so we made a difference)
May 29, Tracey Rosebud, MS House District 30 (won by 150 votes, so we made a difference)
June 12th. Caleb Frostman, Wisconsin’s 1st Senate District
June 19th. Eileen Higgins, Miami-Dade County Commissioner, District 5 FL
RACES THAT NEED YOUR HELP
- August 7th. Danny O’Connor, Ohio 12 Congressional District
Danny O’Connor is the son of a teacher, a small business owner, and has been endorsed by SEIU, Planned Parenthood, and Democratic Progressives of Ohio. This is a great opportunity to flip a seat in central Ohio. Learn more at https://dannyoconnorforcongress.com/meet-danny/
How to help from Maryland:
- Contact friends and family in Ohio and encourage them to vote for O’Connor if they are in his district and to canvass or let their friends know about him if they are not.
- Donate, if you can.